We are not looking to train in our busy season, so please review our requirements before applying.
IS THIS YOU?
- Do you have 2+ years of verifiable experience in fabrication with sheet metal?
- Do you have 3+ years of experience in MIG welding with sheet metal?
- Do you have a good mechanical aptitude, including the ability to use basic hand and measuring tools?
- Do you have dependable transportation to Wylie, 75098?
- Can you tolerate frequent standing, twisting, bending, stooping, and climbing around vehicles, equipment and machinery?
- Are you able to withstand shop conditions affected by weather temperatures?
- Capability of lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 100 pounds?
- Have you had less than 3 jobs in the past 2 years?
- Are you seeking a long-term career with advancement potential?
- Are you able to maintain regular and predictable attendance without tardiness?
- Can you interact and work well with others?
- Do you have a strong mechanical and/or electrical background?
- Do you have automotive experience?
- Can you pass a drug screen? Our background checks are on a case by case basis. No THEFT, ASSAULT, or SEX OFFENDERS.
JP&E is a high-volume shop that upfits commercial vehicles for dealerships, municipalities, ISD's and retail customers. Some of our upfits include flatbeds, service bodies, liftgates, van shelving, ladder racks, safety partitions, and many more items. We are locally owned with an upstanding reputation in the industry since opening 20 years ago.
Pay scale is according to capabilities of your experience.
Background checks will be given and evaluated on a case by case basis. To be the best, we must hire the best!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Accurately read job order and effectively do work procedures
- Document work performed
- Immediately notify your supervisor of any mistakes and/or needed fixes
- Install flat beds and service bodies of all sizes on chassis and trucks
- Remove OEM beds from necessary trucks
- Examine CAD drawings and fabricate a customized bed and or part
- Fabricate and install dump bodies and needed hydraulic and electrical systems
- Install wire and safety equipment such as 4 corner strobe systems, arrow boards and light bars.
- Assemble/Install a variety of lift gates
- Weld boxes and other items as needed on truck beds and bodies
- Meet expected job productivity in a timely manner
- Help keep work area clean and hazard free
Please mention any knowledge or experience shown below:
- Hydraulic Press Brake (We use the Amada HG2204)
- Amada Press Brake Software
- Plasma System (We us the MultiCam 3000)
- Shop Data Software
- Punch Press System
- Assembly & Fastening
- CNC Equipment (all types)
- Drilling & Tapping
- Tube & Pipe Welding & Cutting
- Automotive electrical and lighting systems
- Mechanical experience
- Operate sit down fork lift
- Self-starter that takes initiative instead of waiting for job duties
- Good Work Attendance, no tardiness