Performs a variety of complex administrative and technical systems functions including computer network administration and personal computer coordination.
Supervision is provided by the IT Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
·Analyzes and resolves technical problems related to the computer needs of City departments.
·Assists users with evaluating and solving software and hardware problems.
·Provides technical guidance and direction to City departments.
·Assists City departments in the writing and reviewing of purchase specifications for computer hardware and software purchases.
·Identifies application solutions and requirements to all City departments.
·Assists with the daily operation of information systems, software installation, configuration and installation of all new computer equipment, general computer repair, etc.
·Assists with the management of all Active Directory account add/change/deletes.
·Assists with the management and maintenance of file security.
·Provides technical support for equipment installation, moves, additions, and changes.
·Performs duties associated with set-up, configuration and installation of system software products and peripherals, including printers, copiers, scanners, etc.
·Provides technical support for major departmental software applications.
·Coordinates implementation of major departmental software application upgrades and installations.
·Maintains and administers email, anti-virus and anti-spam applications.
·Maintain and administer backups of all city database, application, and file servers.
·Coordinates user application training.
·Provides Tier 2 telephone and on-site technical support.
·Available for on call duties after hours.
·Maintains good working relationship with vendors.
- Performs as a responsible steward of the public trust and strives for excellence in public service, enhancing the quality of life for all.
- Acts in a civil, respectful manner at all times to management, co-workers and others.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or equivalent. Continuing education in job related areas. Two years of progressively responsible technical experience in computer management information systems, preferably in local government. Microsoft and A+ certifications required. Valid Texas Driver’s License. This position requires the completion of NIMS training courses 100 and 700 upon hiring or within six months of employment/transfer/promotion. This position requires the completion of Courses 800, 300 and 400 must be attained within the first year of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN network design and installation
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN routing protocols
- Experience with Cisco proprietary protocols and standards
- Experience with Cisco VOIP solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and other operating systems
- Proven knowledge of computer science theory, principles, practices and their application to a wide variety of programming and computer operations services
- Ability to install and maintain a variety of computer programs
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions and implement recommendations in support of goals
- Good organization, verbal communication skills, written communication skills and time management skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of co-workers, management staff, citizens and the public
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to follow departmental policy on attendance
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening test, physical and criminal background check
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED:
Moderate: Exerting 20-50 pounds occasionally, 10-25 pounds frequently, or up to 10 pounds constantly. Must
be able to travel from various City facilities where little or no public transportation might be available.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED:
Balancing Bending Carrying Climbing Crawling Crouching
Fine Dexterity Foot Controls Handling Hearing Kneeling Lifting
Pushing/Pulling Reaching Sitting Standing Talking Twisting
PRIMARY WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors, with travel to various City of Wylie buildings and locations.
SHIFT WORK: No
Performance will be evaluated based on core competencies and competencies associated with the specific job family.
Dependability and Consistency
JOB FAMILY COMPETENCIES:
Job Knowledge and Creativity
Planning and Organization
Problem Solving and Decision Making
HIPAA COMPLIANCE STATEMENT:
All employees who have access to health information whose confidentiality is protected by the HIPAA Privacy Rule must have an understanding and knowledge of the Privacy Rule that corresponds to their job responsibilities. Employees who violate the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.